Please, come yell with me about Good Omens.
I've been a fan of it for years ever since my friend got me to read the book. Although I was a bit scared of the TV adaptation at first, I'm so happy this fandom has gotten somewhat revived now.
They handled the adaptation really well in my opinion, and I'm constantly amazed at Michael Sheen and David Tennant's performances as Aziraphale and Crowley. I hadn't seen Michael Sheen in many roles before, and I think I ended up liking him even more than Tennant, who I already had lots of love for because of Doctor Who and Broadchurch (and once having seen him live in Richard II).
Overall, the show is probably the best book-to-screen adaption I've ever seen.
Here's a headcanon I came up with when watching the show...
So you know that scene where we see Crowley’s stash of sunglasses in his car? I’ve been wondering about something since I first saw the scene.
What if Crowley keeps those handy because he feels (only a little bit) ashamed of being a demon. He’s shy about his eyes because they mark him as a fallen angel, unlike Aziraphale who just looks like a human. So he wears sunglasses “even when he doesn’t need them”.
Just imagine... Aziraphale realizing why Crowley keeps wearing the glasses in his presence, and then saying something like, “I quite like your eyes.”
I've been a fan of it for years ever since my friend got me to read the book. Although I was a bit scared of the TV adaptation at first, I'm so happy this fandom has gotten somewhat revived now.
They handled the adaptation really well in my opinion, and I'm constantly amazed at Michael Sheen and David Tennant's performances as Aziraphale and Crowley. I hadn't seen Michael Sheen in many roles before, and I think I ended up liking him even more than Tennant, who I already had lots of love for because of Doctor Who and Broadchurch (and once having seen him live in Richard II).
Overall, the show is probably the best book-to-screen adaption I've ever seen.
Here's a headcanon I came up with when watching the show...
So you know that scene where we see Crowley’s stash of sunglasses in his car? I’ve been wondering about something since I first saw the scene.
What if Crowley keeps those handy because he feels (only a little bit) ashamed of being a demon. He’s shy about his eyes because they mark him as a fallen angel, unlike Aziraphale who just looks like a human. So he wears sunglasses “even when he doesn’t need them”.
Just imagine... Aziraphale realizing why Crowley keeps wearing the glasses in his presence, and then saying something like, “I quite like your eyes.”
no subject
Date: Jun. 5th, 2019 06:36 (UTC)no subject
Date: Jun. 5th, 2019 07:08 (UTC)Haha thanks, I've been thinking of maybe expanding it into an actual fic!
no subject
Date: Jun. 5th, 2019 11:16 (UTC)I agree that Sheen was way better than I expected. I hadn't even really heard of him before his casting but he did an amazing job.
I love your idea about the eyes. So adorable!
no subject
Date: Jun. 5th, 2019 18:21 (UTC)no subject
Date: Jun. 5th, 2019 19:44 (UTC)I adored the series, and in particular found all the historical flashbacks endearing beyond words. Aziraphale's FACE when Crowley decides to perform a minor miracle to make Hamlet popular, and when Crowley saves the books after the bomb in WW2, is just so. sweet and pure that I have an inability to even. <3
no subject
Date: Jun. 6th, 2019 21:23 (UTC)no subject
Date: Jun. 7th, 2019 17:15 (UTC)That is a sweet headcanon :)
no subject
Date: Jun. 8th, 2019 01:57 (UTC)no subject
Date: Jun. 8th, 2019 18:28 (UTC)Gosh I want to write thousands of words about how Crowley is like, even more spectacularly bad at his job than Aziraphale is at his xD
no subject
Date: Jun. 8th, 2019 20:31 (UTC)Writing about them just makes me soft thinking about it though... my feels......
no subject
Date: Jun. 9th, 2019 04:07 (UTC)And oh boy do I understand you about the whole feels thing :D